Saturday 6 October 2012

NSUK BIG GIRL WUMMI DENIES ALLEGATION OF BEING A LESBIAN

EDITORS NOTE: WUMMI has been around for sometime and is a familiar name in NSUK social circles. She have the kind of beauty people attribute to "Sunday morning creation" -one that is flawless and naturally endowed in all. The beau is one of those that make NSUK spin. She has bagged numerous awards which were not lobbied for but given base on merit and achievement. Some of these includes The Most Beautiful Girl Remedial 2006-2007, The Most Beautiful Girl 2008-2009 Freshers Awards, Bold and Beautiful 2010, Most Beautiful Girl in Faculty of Art Awards 2010 & 2011 and numerous others she didn't make public. A lot of controversial accusations have been made against her as regards her relationship status with many tagging her terrible names as worst as " a Runs Girl" and sometimes back "a lesbian". To justify this accusations tonnes of fictitious reasons have been listed and amongst them are her looks, high dress sense and profile in NSUK social circle. In this exclusive interview with FARIS, Editor GossipHA magazine, she bore her mind on the truth of the matter in question including who she is in relationship with, what her perception of relationship is and her values for marriage and family life excepts.
Let's meet you. **My name is Faris 400 level student of Political Science (laughs). Ok let's get serious. My name is Omowumi Aina, 400 level student of Languages and Linguistics, will be graduating in a few weeks time (winks). I sing alot and like to dance too whenever am in the mood to. I always do my best to be in mood because happy people live a little longer (smiles). What else do you do along side schooling? **Modelling. Modelling has always been my thing. I started with runway but stopped for sometime to handle stuff. I'll soon go back but this time I'll be doing face and skin modelling. Yeah you got what it takes to rock any billboard in the world! **(Both laughs) What do you think about NSUK? **After spending two years for the remedial program and four years running a degree program, NSUK has gradually become a part of me. I like everything about NSUK -the lecturers, students, gossips, scandals shows, and everything you can think of. Everything can't be perfect, but I appreciate. The no fighting, no drink,no smoke in school, the no entry in girls hostel etc. Its weird though when compared to other universities like UJ where both gender share same complex for hostels. It's cool. You mean NSUK people are great and you are proud of them? **I have a good relationship with everyone and am proud of NSUK, it's my school. I could have been anywhere else but am here. That would mean NSUK have an indelible imprint in you? **Yes my experience in NSUK so far has brought out the strong part of me and with it I know I can survive in any part of the world. If you can make here, you can make it anywhere? **Yeah (nodding). Basically you become you and you know when to do what. Some people don't appreciate that. They rather insult the management and government? **The question is what are they doing here in the first place? They should have thought of that when they were applying for admission. NSUK is better because she gave them admission. You have been around for some years now. What’s your most memorable moment here? **I've had couple of good times in NSUK, but I can say my MMM so far is the day I was crowned the Most Beautiful Girl in Remedials & Diploma Awards. Despite the fact that I have received other awards after that, that particular award just seem to be the best. I think my value for it might be because it was the first I got. What is your favorite event? **Campus Icon You mentioned earlier that you are into modelling. People always see models as more of call girls than professionals. What do you think? **People would always talk about things you do cos they are not you and don't understand what you are going through. There girls -I mean grown girls who are into full time modeling but never compromised on their credibility for any reason.
Ok. Have you ever ran into any gossip pointing to you as a runs girl and a lesbian? **Jesus Christ! You mean runs girl as in Aristo things and lesbian in it real sense? Why would I do that. Why can't people be positive about people. That's rhetorical anyways cos I think the only reason a person will say bad things about you is because you are successful. Am not a runs girl and never thought about been a pervert not even in the wildest imagination of my dreams. Gosh. The gossip says you don't have a boyfriend in NSUK and that the guys you hangout with are just mare hangouts nothing more. **I think its time I just laugh to that and just say no comment. Should I defend myself when it comes to having a boyfriend? No I don't think so. But why would I not have one? Am I not girl enough for guys to ask out? No that's not it. Its because they see you as a runs girl and a lesbian? **No am not please.
So are you in a relationship? **Yes I am. Hope you wouldn't mind saying with who he (or is it a she) is? **God forbid a she relationship in my life. Please stop talking about these things am getting sick. Ok. The guy please! **No. I've changed my mind about telling his name. That will be giving them the guts to say more of these crazy stuffs about you. Don't you think so? **Who cares what they say. I am in a relationship and Faris you know with whom I am, don't you? Let them think or say what they want. My friends and other people who know me know who. We got Award for best couple twice. I don't NSUK people give lesbians award for any reason at all plus it tells you I am in a relationship that portray integrity and is worthy of emulation. My relationship is my personal business so I'll keep it that way avoid rumor mongers and gossips. But you can tell "the us" that know "the him" how you guys met right? **Ok. How it started abi? We were friends from our remedial days and after gaining admission for the degree program we kept a close relationship as best of friends. We have been friends for about four years. Along the line we noticed we had this Chemistry and we just clicked. We both had this feelings burning inside us but we were kind of scared to let it out because for me, I didn't want to ruin our friendship. But with time, we couldn't hold it anymore (laughing). So far we are good (winks). Thats touchy. (Both laughs). How many relationships have you had since coming to NSUK? **Its personal.
What do you think about NSUK guys? **So far, I can say I have a very good relationship with my male friends in NSUK, and they are actually cool peeps to be with. We all have fantasy of the kind of persons we want to date. Have you seen any of such dreams since coming to NSUK? **Yes. Have met such person? **Yes. My man is my dream come true. Is there any one else you are tripping for and wish to get into a relationship with? **No. Plus am in a relationship with someone that is exactly what I want what else would I be looking for. In a nutshell, why look for something in Sokoto while it's right here in your sokotò? **Yes you are right. People that do that are living in fantasy and believe me, they most often end up not getting any of it not even close. Have you ever been heart broken? **No. A gurl should know who she's about to start a relationship with as in his real self not the fake him. A responsible guy should respect you the way you respect him and yourself. When you find out you are not compatible you mutually talk about it and remain just friends.
Have you broken someone’s heart in NSUK? **( laughing ) that I cant remember. Lets say you are not in a relationship, would you get involve with a celebrity, say some one like Chris brown, John Legend, Tuface or any one? ** Well I might. (smiles) but I am in a relationship now,and this guy is my number one celebrity. Aside the fact that celebrities are sort of on the wild side, what will you say if one who is real and prove so ask you to marry him? **I honestly haven't given dat a thought but if his ying fits my Yang then what else would I do. You are beautiful and kind of hot. What’s the first thing in your mind when a guy says he likes you? **Nothing really. It depends on d kind of likeness though. What do you do to take care of your skin? **I use moisturizers and my body scrub,eat lots of fruits and I try to sleep and rest well. What are your favorite beauty products? **Flori Robert Who do you think is the most handsome dude in NSUK? **My man. He's the most handsome dude around here. Haven't you seen him before? You shouldn't have asked (laughing). What is your favorite shopping spot? **Nowhere in particular. Anywhere I see something nice I shop. What would you like to be remembered for when you leave NSUK? **Well, every normal person want to be remembered for doing good. If I were a member of a club, I would have left a remarkable legacy in NSUK shows and entertainment circles. But all the same, all the same, I would love to be remembered as "that nice chic that had good relationship with all she was in contact with." If you are given the opportunity, what would you like to see change in NSUK red carpet events like beauty pageants, fashion and talk shows, awards etc? **Basically, the African perception of the modelling thing and how models are considered as being indecent,dis discourages some youth in participating in modelling events like beauty pageant, fashion shows and even reality TV shows that would have contributed to their development as well as creating an image for the Nigerian industry internationally in concert with what others in the entertainment industry are doing. I think that perception influence shows in school couple with the school's policies on related issues. Its really eating deep especially the pageantry aspects and something really need to be done about it.
Wow! We got to go. It’s a pleasure talking to you Wummi accept our best wishes as you graduate. Just don't cut the cake without inviting us (laughs). **You are most welcome and thanks for your wishes. I'll keep your share of the cake even if you are not here when I cut it (laughs). INTERVIEWED & EDITED BY FARIS

No comments:

Post a Comment